|BULLY DOG TECHNOLOGIES|
FORD 94-03 7.3L
POWERSTROKE P/N# 041104
1 Bully Dog 4-Bank Chip
Flat headed screw-driver
Rapid Flow Filter & Exhaust
Installation of Bully Dog 4-Bank
Read disclaimer before
Remove the key from the ignition and disconnect
- Disconnect the wire harness from the computer. The harness is
accessed from under the hood, near the firewall close to the
driver side fender. There will be a 10mm bolt in the middle of the
harness. Loosen the bolt to disconnect the harness from the
- On trucks 99-03 you will find the computer inside the cab
located behind the parking brake. It can be recognized as a black
box about 6"X6"X2". On trucks 94-98 you will find the computer
under the hood.
- Remove the two 7mm screws holding the plastic cover to the
metal bracket near the backside of the computer.
- Pull the computer toward the passenger side, removing it from
Note: On standard transmission vehicles, the
computer cannot be slid very far to the drivers side, so it may
require a large screwdriver to pry the lip on the left side of the
plastic cover loose from the mounting bracket.
- Once the computer is removed. Remove the black plastic cover
from the porthole. This porthole is where the chip will eventually
- Remove the six screws that hold the covers over the circuit
board. Use a small knife or screwdriver and then a Scotch Brite
Pad. Remove the grease and clear coat from the prong contacts. Be
sure not to damage contacts in any way. It is absolutely
imperative that there is no plastic film left on the prong
- If the optional flip switch has been purchased, plug it into
the four pin connector on the Bully Dog chip.
- Insert the Bully Dog Chip into the connector, making sure it
fits tight. It may be desirable that the plastic computer cover be
cut to make the routing of the switch wire easier. Run the wire
for the switch to the desired location for the switch. Drill a
hole for the switch and remove the nut and washer making sure that
the second washer with the tab does not fall out. If this washer
does come out, place it into the third hole (clockwise) from the
flat hole. If the washer is in the correct position, the switch
will only have 4 positions. Replace the nut to hold the switch in
- Attach provided protective cover label to ECM
- Install the computer back into the vehicle.
- Turn the key and check to see if the "wait to start" light
appears to be operating correctly. If the light operates
correctly, start the motor. If not, re-clean the edge connectors.
- Close the hood, drive, and smile.
the associated problems with no start or poor running problems are
from bad connections due to the connection being clean. Only the
CARB programs are legal for road use.